Currently our Awana program is on hold for the semester as we phase in our reopening plan. Stay tuned for updates, and if you want more information on our children’s ministry, you canemail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In many circles, “puggle” is a common term for a baby platypus. In children’s ministry circles, Awana Puggles is an enriching program for your pre-Cubbies kids (usually older 2- and younger 3-year-olds) that presents basic biblical concepts:
- We are a unique creation of God.
- God loves us very much.
Awana Puggles teaches toddlers simple lessons through teaching cards, activities, music and more. Awana Puggles leaders have a leader’s guidebook to help them plan and direct club time and communicate the lesson.
Then parents—an Awana Puggle’s first and best teacher—can step in to reinforce the lessons with take-home cards that include ideas to point out God’s work each day. And little details like Awana Puggles T-shirts, puzzles and coloring books make every precious child feel like part of the group.
The Awana club for preschoolers is built on two premises:
- Young children can and should receive spiritual training.
- Home is the primary place for spiritual training.
Our preschool program meets these needs through … Fun – and lots of it! Awana is fun with a purpose – to reach and train kids for Jesus Christ. Games, puppets, crafts, awards and other activities transform our preschool program into a lively weekly experience where fun and learning go hand in hand.
The Awana club for children in kindergarten through second grade builds on the material taught in our preschool clubs. The curriculum takes kids a step deeper into God’s Word while giving unsaved boys and girls regular opportunities to hear the gospel and come to faith in Jesus Christ. After being immersed in solid foundational teaching at the preschool level, boys and girls frequently come to an understanding of their need to trust Christ as their personal Savior while in Sparks.
The Sparks program is firmly grounded in Scripture. The three handbooks feature:
- Basic truths about God, Jesus Christ, salvation and the Bible
- A clear and consistent presentation of the gospel message
- An increased emphasis on Scripture memory over our preschool materials. In three years, a child will learn and review over 65 verses, many of which cover salvation and key Christian doctrine.
The name Truth & Training reflects the passion of Awana to teach third- through sixth-grade boys and girls the truth of God’s Word and to train them to follow Christ in their daily lives. Our goal is that many of today’s young people will become tomorrow’s church leaders. T&T is the program that trains the leaders of tomorrow — today.
Exciting features to get kids excited about God’s Word
T&T is equipped with a variety of dynamic tools to accomplish this mission:
- Four handbooks of increasing difficulty which teach children that life’s ultimate adventure is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- A cast of fun characters that boys and girls learn from and follow on interesting journeys in the handbooks
- Weekly meetings that expose children to the gospel message, Scripture memory, Bible study, awards, team-oriented games and gut-busting fun
- A Bible-centered curriculum that helps kids build a firm foundation for their faith, hide God’s Word in their heart and apply the truths of Scripture to their daily lives
- Interactive CDs that use exciting high-tech games to teach and reinforce key biblical truths
Evangelism and discipleship go hand in hand in our third- through sixth-grade program. By the time a child has completed T&T, he will have:
- Learned and reviewed approximately 310 verses
- Studied dozens of passages from the Old and New Testament
- Regularly heard and read the gospel message
- Discovered the Bible’s response to questions like “How does God want me to live my life?” and memorized verses to back up these answers
- Completed missions projects that help him see the world through God’s eyes.