It is a wonderful blessing to write you and share with you the great victories of the last few months. Our Above & Beyond Capital Stewardship Campaign is a fabulous success. Our people committed $733,194.12 to be given above and beyond their regular tithes and offerings over the next three years. Our first gifts to the program have amounted to $80,765.28! What an incredible start! If you would like to be involved, you still can! Mail your commitment to the church or put it in the offering plate.
We look forward also to the coming months of summer and the opportunities to reach out to those we know and love with the gospel of Jesus Christ. Our Wednesday night program for preschoolers, children, and youth is going to be fabulous this summer!
Summer in the Big Apple is the theme of our summer program. It begins on June the 1st and goes all the way to VBS, which begins on Monday, August 1st. Every Wednesday night our preschoolers and children will be involved in this incredible program. Our young people under the direction of our Youth Director, Colin Casper, will be having incredible events each Wednesday night that will encourage them spiritually and give them opportunities to build great friendships around the Word of God. All of these programs will be in addition to our regular Wednesday night ministry with our Internationals. Family supper will take place at 5:00 pm as usual, and our Prayer Meeting will continue to meet at 4:00 pm throughout the summer as well. These special programs begin at 6:00 pm.
Sunday nights we have been studying the book of First John. Our title is “Real Christianity – Anything Less is Like Cotton Candy.” The book of First John is a powerful challenge to us in our individual Christian life. We have planned some special Sunday nights that you’ll want to take note of. They are as follows:
- May 29th – Beach Baptism at Frank Butler Park at Crescent Beach, Florida. This was a fabulous event last year as 75 people from our church family made the trek over to Crescent Beach to observe 7 of our people being baptized.
- June 19th – Father’s Day Picnic, we will have special events for our families to take part in. This will be an opportunity for each family to bring a picnic, enough to feed their family plus a few more. We will lay it all out on the table and share together. We will have special events such as: Horse Shoes, Kickball for the kids, Three-legged races, Closest to the Pin Contest, and much, much more.
- July 3rd – All American Night, following the evening service. This fellowship will involve an Apple Pie Contest. We will have a special prize for the winning Apple Pie for this night.
- July 10th – Our annual PraiseSing and Spaghetti Supper begins at 6:00 pm. Come here and our youth will feed you a fabulous spaghetti dinner (suggested donations $5). Come and listen to the awesome musical talent that God has blessed our church with as we lift His praises. The proceeds will enable us to raise funds to reach out to our surrounding community and to the world.
- July 24th – Home-made Ice Cream Night following the evening service.
- August 7th – Family Night, following VBS. This will be a fabulous evening together as we have a carnival/fellowship with all of our VBS families together with our church family.
We have two classes of NCBC-101 scheduled for all new church members and those who are interested in knowing more about North Central. They will be held on Sunday, May 15th and Sunday, May 29th beginning at 9:30 am in the Fellowship Hall. Please contact the church office to make reservations at (352)373-3341. A wonderful lunch caps off this great event.
I am so thankful for all that the Lord has done in the life of our fellowship. I want to encourage you to step up your efforts in witnessing to those around you. As we sow the seed of the gospel we will see a harvest of souls. I’m asking God to give me opportunities daily to share the glorious gospel of Christ. North Central is blessed with the best people in the world. I’m so thankful that I have the unique privilege of being your Pastor. Thank you for praying for me and my family.
Calvin J. Carr