Our church faces some wonderful opportunities right now. Many of these I put in our August edition of the Lifeline that was mailed to the church family. I thought that it may be helpful to post a copy of my comments on the website blog to remind us of the blessings of the Lord and the great opportunities that are before us! Here it is!—–
I hope this edition of the Lifeline finds you doing well. We have had a fast paced summer & in August we will get back into the swing of a regular school year.
On July the 5th, I asked the church to pray for several specific issues that are on our hearts. I want to thank you for your efforts in prayer. If you missed this message, you can access it through our website or call the church office to obtain a CD copy. The items of prayer are:
1. Revival, for our individual lives, our families, our church, & our nation.
2. Missions involvement; where should North Central be actively involved in missions around the world?
3. College Ministry; we’re praying for a continued strong outreach to Sante Fe College & the University of Florida.
4. Growth issues; this includes the expansion of our Sunday School, both hours (8:15am & 10:55am), & the space we need to reach & disciple our church family, plus those we reach for Christ.
5. Financial matters; this includes the expansion of our Scholarship Fund as well as primary debt we have on our current facility.
Although our July prayer emphasis is over, let’s continue to make these important requests a matter of prayer.
We resume our fall schedule for Wednesday nights beginning August 26th. Our Awana ministry as well as our youth program will kick off on this special night.
Evaluations for Upward Soccer are underway & our practices will begin the week of August 31st. To sign your student up for Upward soccer please call the church office (352)373-3341.
August means an influx of new college students. Beginning August the 23rd our college ministry is extending a warm welcome to every new student, with a special emphasis during the first five Sundays of the fall semester. All of us at North Central are thankful for these new students & want them to know we welcome them with open arms to our church.
Please mark your calendar for Friday night, September 11th 2009, for a special leadership banquet. Guinell Freeman, retired Sunday school director from First Baptist Church of Jacksonville, will be our speaker. This banquet is not only for Sunday school teachers & leaders; it is for the members of our Sunday school as well. We would like to extend to you an invitation to this important banquet. Child care will be available for your preschoolers. Tickets will be available soon through your Sunday school class.
It’s a joy to be your Pastor. Thank you for praying for me & my family.
Blessings to you & yours!
Calvin J. Carr